Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Songs that Kill Me

Charlie knows this... and KP does too, prolly. There's a buncha songs that 'just kill me'... Every time I hear them, it's so intense I can't believe things will ever be the same again. These are the songs I listened to in the mornings driving to work, when I was feeling deadly... JC knows about my sucidal mornings. On the list are songs like Hold On by Tom Waits, Last Goodbye by Leonard Cohen, A House is not a Home by Clinkerfield... I think you get the picture.
Don't worry there's a converse list too... with happy dreamy celebration songs like Mint Car by the Cure... and... oh... I'm sure there's more.

Anyways, my song of the day is The First Day of My Life by Bright Eyes. Ohhhh so lovely.

Remember the time you drove all night,
Just to meet me in the morning?
And I thought it was strange,
You said everything changed.
You felt as if you just woke up.
And you said, "This is the first day of my life.
I'm glad I didn't die before I met you.
But now I don't care,
I could go anywhere with you,
And I'd probably be happy."

So if you want to be with me,
With these things there's no telling,
We just have to wait and see.
But I'd rather be working for a paycheck,
Than waiting to win the lottery.

Besides, maybe this time it's different.
I mean, I really think you like me.

3 comments:

mskp said...

'tomorrow wendy' kills me.

Bonnie Conquest said...

Only God says jump...

Anonymous said...

songs kill me ALL the time....but they actually keep me going too. repeat them like a mantra and you will survive. I would be completely lost without them.