Thursday, June 15, 2006

Fizzy vs Angsty

Charlie and I don't seem to be quite clear on the definition of 'angst' - the new shorter oxford says 'anxiety, something something', but Charlie thinks the current use is different. I thought it might be moroseness+tension=angst. Anyways. The Danes think it's more like 'dread'. I think I'd prefer to use weltschmerz from now on. Doesn't roll of my tongue so easily but packs a punch.

Theme song yesterday was the Jessies favourite, and not just for the line 'feels so big it almost hurts', yes, Mint Car, by The Cure :::::

The sun is up
I'm so fizzy
I could burst!
You wet through and me headfirst
Into this is perfect
It's all I ever wanted
Ow! it feels so big it almost hurts!

Never guessed it got this good
Wondered if it ever would
Really didn't think it could
Do it some more?
I know we should!!!

Anyways, work is over and I'm a 'lady of leisure' for 4 whole days. Saw my brother and Mona last night, went to Tiamo, excellent, and got some sleep, wonderful. Today I visited the beautician and then spent my last $39.75 at 'Petticoat Junction' in Eltham. Yum. Might go see my baby out at Wattle Glen before I donate blood over in Bundoora at 4pm with my new vipassana friend.

1 comment:

mskp said...

i think i still like "ennui" best of all. the french know how to get their sook on.