Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Bangkok

Well I can't say it felt great to farewell my tearful brother, the sweet Teach, the beautiful Charlie and the uber-cool Toby... It was weird to suddenly be on Thai cultural territory, too. No in-flight movies, just propaganda about the royal family. I read the letters Jack and JC had pressed in to my hand and told me to read only in the air, was amazed and overwhelmed all over again at how many bright stars are in my galaxy.
Anyways, I slept, read, ate. Then eventually the guy sitting next to me - who I spotted at Melbourne when checking in - started a conversation and so now we're hanging out in this fucking hot and shit airport. He's carrying my heavy carry-on and telling me things are expensive in Seoul, you will be loved, everything is air-conditioned, kids will be great, buy your beers from the supermarket, etc etc. Of course this new friend lives on Brunswick Road, Brunswick and basically has lived in that same small radius that Teach and Charlie occupy.
Oh, Charlie.

3 comments:

mskp said...

get thai'd! you're talking to a tourist whose every move is among the purest.

i get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine...

Bonnie Conquest said...

um.
i just got a massssssssage......
feeling soooooo much better.....
and i've doused myself in the new 'gaultier 2'... so yummy....

Steve Chatelier said...

how exciting!!