Thursday, September 21, 2006

Hung, drawn

I've been here 3 months now. That's a quarter of my way through my contract. Christmas is the half-way mark.

So in three months I have::

  • fallen in love;
  • got 3 pairs of pants taken in;
  • worn stilettos to work;
  • written about 60 postcards;
  • sweated more than I thought possible;
  • had my first coldsore;
  • taken photos I'm happy with;
  • affected an American accent day-in, day-out;
  • made some very good friends;
  • rocked out;
  • eaten kilos of kimchi;
  • heaps of other shit.

Guess I feel good about my life here. 'Specially since Charlie the One and Only came to visit, this place feels good. I'm not feeling as lonely and now my kinder classes all have textbooks so my teaching is easier. I've found a place that prints my photos how I like. I know my neighbourhood better and better, and have started running into neighbours and students, which is nice. Still don't know much Korean but I learn little bits everyday.

Hmm.

Another day I may write a list of all the shit I miss at home and all the shit I hate about here. Heh heh.

7 comments:

j. ethan duran said...

I am the girl of 100 lists
From what shall I wear
To who I have kissed
Check items off
Let nothing be missed
Sing I to myself and my 100 lists...

audrey said...

I found it took about 3-6 months for me to feel like Japan had become more homely - although I didn't need to get any pants taken in...lucky you.

Bonnie Conquest said...

Ethan - Did I mention on my list 'made some very good friends'?

Anonymous said...

3 months pussy cat! Time doth fly fast.. All smiles in the Glen of Wattle. Salons a slooowww. I'll get there xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
xoxoxoxooxxoxoxooxooxoxoxoxoxooxox
Not enough kisses in the whole world for you. ps LISTS ROCK !!!!!
EJW

Anonymous said...

it's been three months already?
sweet jesus...that was quick...

love the pictures you have newly posted in your zenit folder, especially the one with the boat full of korean soldiers. i think you have done a hell of good job with it, coz the water in the lake looks so clean,so it seems nothing happened there...

oh,i just wanted to assume that you have eaten more kimchi than i have had for whole my life...good on ya...hehe...

Bonnie Conquest said...

Ohhh EJW I miss you so much. Terribly.

Ohh JD, I thought you'd appreciate that photo. My shots of the chairs on the boat are EXCELLENT. Heh heh. I'll show you the prints. Thanks for taking me out to the lake.

Cade said...

Congratulations, sounds like a big change and a hard slog. Lots of adventures though and seems that you have your positive eyes working. I would like to try live outside of Australia but it seems out of reach at the moment, $$$ sucks.