Friday, August 08, 2014

Push Camera

Wish me luck on this next journey. I'd like to think of it as a comeback as it infers I'll be able to access talent and skill that are simply latent, not gone.

Shocked as I was to learn of 'push presents', I was even more surprised (pleased too!) when Charlie gave me one, in the form of cash to buy a digital SLR set up.

I haven't gone too crazy so there's still room in the budget. Maybe I'll take some kind of course if I need some direction.

Somehow I decided on Canon, maybe it seems all those around me with serious DSLRs have EOS cameras. So of course I found a set up that was double the budget. I spent a lot of time reading online reviews, reacquainting myself with the terminology mostly. I feel very much like a beginner.

Then I cut back a little and decided on the Canon EOS 70D. Upon advice, included a nifty fifty (Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II) for portraits as I'm sure Miss Milla will be a prime subject, as well as a walkaround (Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di Canon-ef).

No comments: