Sunday, September 06, 2015

Bright

Milla roamed the backyard wearing a merino top, a bib, socks and volleys. No pants. She played joyously on the swing with Charlie and chatted at full volume, maybe playing an imaginary game.

The guys left for afternoon biking and I ran the bath and placed Milla in the shallow water. Hysterical howling and trying to climb up the side. I checked the tepid water, I checked her feet, legs, area for painful wounds. All good. She clung to me.

I got undressed and lay in the bath. She put her head on my chest and fell asleep immediately. Time passed.

The kid is teething, out of sorts.

Last night we had dinner at the Bright Brewery, saw the warm afternoon disappear by the river. Walked home and put Milla to bed. She woke at usual time, 6am, and I picked her up from her room next door, and jumped back into bed, placing her on Charlie's chest. She fell asleep immediately. Aside from murmuring and taking some glugs of water, she stayed asleep, cheek to sheet, across the centre of our bed until lunchtime.

Sweetness. 

No comments: