Thursday, May 03, 2007

Long Year

Well we joined the library and borrowed lots of Tintin. I read them slow and Charlie reads them fast. I'm going in order, too. The Blue Lotus is my favourite so far. Of course, I read them all, once. Borrowed from the library in Eltham in the years before it was demolished cos of the asbestos.

Took my first sickie of my new job yesterday. Been sick for a week or so and Charlie more than me. Yesterday was the only day I didn't have a presentation on. We had such a great sickie, too. Though at about 6pm, we walked to work so I could do a few things, but even that was nice. Charlie came with me and sat at the desk next to me and I worked for a while at my computer.

This Friday my Mum launches her latest book. It's a reference book called 'Eat Your Words'. It's been years in the making and is the result, in part, of her pedantry with spelling and grammar on menus and blackboards at all the eateries and cafes that she haunts. She hopes that it will make her rich. Heh heh.

5 comments:

Steve Chatelier said...

First sickie, eh? I hope you celebrated with sparkling white!

Bonnie Conquest said...

Heh heh. Actually WAS sick. Celebrated with extra snuggles, Tintin and two helpings of salad.

j. ethan duran said...

tintin…hmmm. i'm somewhat frightened of him. remember to take a spoonful of sugar with your medicine.

Anonymous said...

That's not a sickie. A sickie is when you are only a leetle mentally fragile, or you have a sexy guy in bed :D

Bonnie Conquest said...

Yeah not really a sick, but a sick day.... HOWEVER I did have a cute guy in bed and I did have a lovely time with him.