Monday, May 15, 2006

Summary of my weekend

Friday night was cray-zee... Went to launch of the latest issue over Overland at Readings in Carlton, star studded event and I threw down 3 glasses of cold, free, white wine, nice. Then rocked over to P's, who'd said 8pm sharp for his 30th. The place was full of long stemmed white roses, delicious canapes and little candles... Twas lovely. I was impressed that he'd set up a gift table, as if it was his wedding. Anyways, debaucherous. Went briefly to the Retreat to see Teach, got molested by a Mozambican guy, molested by my brother's friend from primary school, danced to 'Let's Go Crazy', a personal favorite, then hightailed it outta there. In bed around 4.
Got up nice and early for a stint at St Andrews with Pring which was excellent as she'd never been. Was feeling ready for a beer, so we checked in at the pub too. Visit LTR and Z came around... Time for a nap by 4pm so I went home and hit it.
Hmmm yesterday I checked in on eBay to see how much money I'd made - $250, not bad at all. Yay. Bought another camera and a book on how to teach English as my reward. Visited the Locksmith and witnessed his bashed-up face for the millionth time. Heard about his encounter with Enso, which was satisfying.
Then last night Doc Evans dropped in which was ace, haven't seen her for yonks. Went for dinner at S n S's in West Ivanhoe with Ma and bro, so lovely, ate heaps.
Then Monday morning I made a new friend. Yay.

8 comments:

Steve Chatelier said...

When do you leave Seoul? We are going to be in Seoul for a couple of days June '07.

Bonnie Conquest said...

I'll be leaving around the 20th prolly... It'll depend, but my contract finishes on the 18th June 07. Are you getting excited?

Steve Chatelier said...

yep -- can't wait...I think we are planning to arrive in Seoul around 17 or 18 June...that's even more exciting!!

How about you...still freakin' out?

Bonnie Conquest said...

Not freaking out since I committed myself to going... I'm really calm. Looks like we might see each other in Seoul next year! How exciting! Really would have loved too visit youse in Kaza but dunno if it's possible...

mskp said...

oy, does the small child who went to school with jack attend victoria university nowadays? if so, i saw young dick on monday, sporting his homage to eighties badness and generally looking artfully disinterested. love.

mskp said...

p.s. how good is cracker? thanks for the prep. and in separate but related crime-fighting news - are you experiencing the strange sensation of "yay" for d.i. manson?

Bonnie Conquest said...

Oy, Manson gave me chills... Definitely his finest hour.
And CRACKER! Sets the standard for 'thrilling conclusion'...
Dunno what tricky Dick does for a day job, anything's possible. Mum's having dinner at his place tonight so maybe I'll find out. He's hilarious. Everyone reckon's he's gay except Jack. Hmm.

mskp said...

i have a lament FOR bonnie conquest. i'm picking up the new marrieds from the airport on sunday - at SIX IN THE MORNING. this severely hampers my plans for saturday night madness at chez rodda. i guess i'll be driving and reviving the baby doctor...